0.“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
1. Our first and last love is… self-love.
2. I once tried standing up on my toes to see far out in the distance, but I found that I could see much farther by climbing to a high place.
3. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
4. Don’t stand by the water and long for fish; go home and weave a net.
5. We must be the change we wish to see.
6. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
7. Opportunities fly by while we sit regretting the chances we have lost, and the happiness that comes to us we heed not, because of the happiness that is gone.
8. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
9. I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.
10. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
11. Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
12.Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
13.Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.
14.”If you want to know your past — look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future — look into your present actions.”
15.“Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come.”
16.Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
17.“Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.”
18.“If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. If you want happiness for a month — get married. If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else. ”
19.“Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still. ”
20.“A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. “
21.“A single conversation across the table with a wise person is worth a month’s study of books”
22. Don’t open a shop unless you like to smile.
23.“He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever”
24.“Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up and move on.”
25.To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
26.Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.
27.You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
28.A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes.
29.Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.
30.Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence.
31.I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.
32.Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
33.I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet.
34.The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
35.Respect yourself and others will respect you.
40.”Usually when people are sad, they don’t do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change”
41.”Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last”
43.“Here is the secret of inspiration: Tell yourself that thousands and tens of thousands of people, not very intelligent and certainly no more intelligent than the rest of us, have mastered problems as difficult as those that now baffle you”
44.“He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”
45.“He who depends on himself will attain the greatest happiness.
46. ‘Outside noisy, inside empty’
47.“Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.”
48.“When the heart is at ease, the body is healthy”
49. “Foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth”
50.Never act until you have clearly answered the question: “What happens if I do nothing?”
51. By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
52.Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
53.He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.
54.Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
55. Action is the antidote to despair.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
57.We spend most of our lives conjugating three verbs: to want, to have, to be, and to do.
58. All the interests of my reason, speculative as well as practical, combine in the three following questions: 1. What can I know? 2. What ought I to do? 3. What may I hope?
59. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
60.When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
61.“A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.”
62.“Woman was taken out of man; not out of his head to top him, nor out of his feet to be trampled underfoot; but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved”
63.“You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.”
64.”Necessity, who is the mother of invention.”
65.“Don’t you know, priests, why our sermons do not touch the people’s heart? Because we do not preach to the eyes, only to the ears.”
67.“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
70.A smile confuses an approaching frown.
71.People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.
72.If you smile at someone, they might smile back.
73.Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.